Sweet Charity and Words that don't belong together

The beginnings are always the trickiest. You'd never guess how difficult it is to begin a ramble. I know it sounds like it should be the easiest thing in the world but it is monumentally difficult.

Well you know me. I love my words. A difficulty isn't a difficulty if it isn't insurmountable, monumental and of indelible importance. I don't know that the last phrase makes sense but those two words came together in my head and I quite like the way they sound. It makes me want to say it over and over again.

Imagine me at dinner with Ms Leggy (This isn't so far fetched. I asked her out a couple of weeks ago and she said yes. Dinner turned into a chat in her room during which I found out that she was taken.)

Enter Afam and Miss Leggy

Afam: My dear, your legs are of indelible importance to me.

Ms Leggy: Oh please don't stop.

On second thought indelible importance isn't that good a word combination. Don't be cross with me. I'm a little rusty.

Unto the crux of the matter! The pivotal focal point upon which the fate of the world rests. What would you do for Charity? What lengths would you go to ensure that those who are worse off than you get the help that they are in of. This is a question that plagues me daily. You see, I Afam have the warmest, most sentimental heart. Every time I see a homeless man I want to empty the contents of my meagre savings account  and hand it to him. I want to ask him about his bastards and grand bastards. Most times I refrain from this and give him £1 even though I know that it's probably going to be spent on alcohol. It's just that if I didn't my conscience would torture me terribly.

Of Course you all know this about me because I devoted an entire blog post to praising the efforts of Topman and the Teenage Cancer trust for these t-shirts below.




 Well I bought mine. Yes, that vulgar looking schizophrenic thing below. It was £18 and I was promised that £5 of that would go to the Teenage Cancer Trust. It left a bitter taste in my mouth when I discovered that the shirts had gone on sale for £4. What's up with that? Doesn't it leave a bitter taste in your mouth. I felt foolish. Had they not attached the Teenage Cancer Trust to the t-shirt it would have remained un-bought. Now I'm left with a tragically unfashionable shirt that means nothing. 

A month and a bit ago I stumbled upon a tantalizing bit of news. One Brazilian student, Catarina Migliorni agreed to have sex with a Japanes man called Natsu in exchange for a $780,000 donation to charities in her impoverished home town. Some people may call it prostitution and she sees it as a business deal and a great way to ruck up some traveling points, but isn't she helping the greater good?

A few weeks ago I posed semi nude for my University's society calendar. All profits from the calendar will be given to read international. Read International is an awesome charity that supplies good quality but out of date text books to schools in East Africa that follow a similar syllabus to the United Kingdom's. Read International helps make sure that these books do not end up in land fills or stockrooms. Read International guarantees that these textbooks make it to class rooms where they are very much needed. The nudity was the least of my concerns. When I'm at home in Lagos, Nigeria I spend an unreasonable amount of my time in my swimming shorts so taking pictures in my boxers was hardly an achievement.

HELLO MR MARCH!
That's my bit of the picture. There are seven others in it. If you would like to see more then book a copy through me. I'm sure that Mama and Papa Afam will purchase several copies of the Calendar.

I guess the point of this is that we have so little time and so much to do. It would be nice if we took a break every now and then and did something for someone else.

THE END

Happy Days
Afam

1 comment:

RESTORED said...

Hi handsome. Thanks for the instruction especially at this time of the year.

About Us

Recent

Random