Car Jacked: Chunes of the summer

Summer is here. Yes, I know you all know this, and I know that I am guilty of stating the obvious, but there was no better way to begin the lesson of the day. It's a good day, it 's one of those days where your mood is matched perfectly by the weather. I call this phenomenon, "universal synergy', for you know that on days like today, you're free from both universal and intergalactic buggery. Since I am in a particularly good mood, I decided that now would be the perfect time to impose my summer CHUNES on you.

You're probably thinking, "What the hell is a summer chune?" but never fear Afam's here to provide you with a respectable answer. A summer chune is a tune so infinitely delightful that it defies the rules of spelling and all good sense. It's capabilities of filling one with felicity and gaiety are both uncharted and unchartable. Lastly whenever the tune comes on, you have this irresistible compulsion to yell CHUNE!!! At the top of your lungs. Without further ado, I give to you, my chunes of the summer.

Anna Sun by Walk the Moon.
It makes me happy. It's really easy to relate to. "We've got no money but we've got heart, we're going to rattle this ghost town" and it's the perfect mix of nostalgia and fun.
Call Me Maybe by Carlie Ray Jepson
It doesn't matter whether you like the  song or not, the fact remains that this is the the catchiest tune of the year so far. One listen of this is enough to scar you for life. It stays in your head for days on end and the moment you get round to forgetting it, someone comes round to remind you of it.
Tongue Tied by Group Love
"Take me to your best friend's house, I loved you then and I love you now". This song is the song you love but can never seem to remember. 



Diplomat's son by Vampire Weekend
It's so chilled. People have speculated about the meaning of the song, but I Afam declare that it's a song about the stupid things that tend to happen when you're young. Crashing on a mate's bed while stoned out of your mind is one of them. Because of the lyrical content it is and will always be one of the sound tracks of the summer. I have loads more to say about it, but I'll stick it in a different post. Stay tuned. In all honesty I think the entire album, "Contra" should be featured in any summer play list.

 Reptilia by The Strokes
This shows the power of a good bridge. Enough said.



Every Teardrop is a Waterfall by Coldplay
This is a coldplay on excellent form. It's not for us to wonder how they manage to change their sound with every album. We're only meant to enjoy the sweet sweet results of their talent and creativity. If not for Walk the Moon's Anna Sun, this would be the soundtrack of my summer. Yes, I love it that much.
What Makes you beautiful by One Direction
These fluorescent adolescents have won me over completely. If you ever need a karaoke moment in your car, then this is it.

These songs will form an integral part of the car jacked playlist that I make every summer. So dear readers, I present to you the backbone of Car Jacked 2012.

Happy, Sunny Days,
Afam.

No comments:

About Us

Recent

Random