Writers Journal: Casual conversations... Lessons in madness... Meh

"Where are you?"

"I'm inbetween this world and the next. I'm in the present and the past. I am everywhere but I am nowhere. I live in Lagos, but do I really? My mind travels when my body doesn't, and in a way, I've achieved everything I once wanted. But at the same time I've achieved nothing. I know more than I did a while ago. I know how to be silent in the midst of noise."

"Who are you?"

"I don't know. I'm many things to many people, and I'm not sure that I should be."

"Where are you going?"

"Everywhere. I'm hungry for conversations I haven't had and things I haven't seen."

"Why are you going?"

"Everybody's got to do something. I want to do everything I do well. Well is comparable. Well is competeable. If I do not go then I will never know how good I am, or how not good I am."

"What do you want out of all of this?"

"I want to win."

"What do you want to win at?"

"Everything. I want to pick one thing and win at it. I think that'll be enough."
 
And this has been a very good example of the indulgent shit that goes on in my head. Ten articles by tomorrow. 100 k in one night, all spent by first light. The thing is, when you've found a buyer for your work, shouldn't you sell as much of it as possible?

Happy Days, 
Afam

No comments:

About Us

Recent

Random