Seeking a friend for the end of the world AND The STYD Launch Parry featuring Feyboo.

That is what I've been doing all this time, seeking a friend for the end of the world, but I think it's been futile, because I had him all along. Maybe the value of the search was realising that my friend for the end of my world was me, and that the better I knew myself, the closer I'd be to finding the friend for the end of the world. I don't expect this to make sense, but it is my blog, and I can do with it as I please. You, my dear famzers, just have to live with it, or go away. I'd prefer it if you stayed, but we all do what we must. I was going to end it there, but why waste the words? So I'll move on to the STYD launch. It was fabulous, and I mean that with a capital F. Say it with me, Gone With The Wind Fabulous. (smirk)



Before I continue I'll tell you a little bit about STYD. STYD.com.ng is yet another online fashion store, that stocks lady items, for ladies, and men interested in womenswear. Actually strike that last bit, there's nothing there that I could possibly wear, and this is disappointing. What happened to androgyny? Or skinny jeans? Now I've gone from being quite interested to being in a perpetual state of whatever man. It isn't quite that bad but, I was hoping that there'd be something in it for me, and there isn't - not really. I suppose it could be a gift spot. The clothes are affordable, fairly nice, and they deliver anywhere in Nigeria for free. I would have ended this blog right here, if they hadn't given me stronger than strong cocktails, pretty damn good small chops, and a better than decent dj. I danced like a dervish, and this is always and everywhere a good thing. 

And let's get this over and done with shall we?


That is me. Afam. I didn't think too much about this before I put it on you know? It's only a uniqlo white shirt, a reiss belt, and a pair of trousers from All Saints, but I quite like it. I'll probably do a repeat of this at an event where the exact same people will be in attendance. I don't have enough clothes to be a full fledged fashionisto, so I'll go on inhabiting the space between the ordinary and the weird. I only have one thing to say about this. I wish Bellanaija would help me sell my market by putting my name at the bottom of the picture, but Z listers are not afforded such luxuries. The hustle is real. 


Yes, Yes! First we've got really really good looking girl I can't remember. I met her somewhere... heaven only knows where... but I must have been sleeping or something because she's pretty damn fly and I'm very very single. Mama Afam says that whoever I get with must love me to distraction, she obviously doesn't so I guess that's that then. No unrequited love for me.


Candy floss! Candy floss is something that won't ever go out of style. It's so sweet, so nostalgic. It's literally like eating your childhoos. Some girl stole mine from me. I wasn't pleased.


Here we've got the LSF PR girls. It isn't a great shot but they were laughing and I had my camera on me so that's a no brainer no?

 I don't know what to say about this one. They were models, and they were talking. Snap snap. They kept talking. Snap snap. Their discussion was animated. Snap snap. I didn't listen in.
 I think I'll call this one baby got back. You can see her back can't you? Well that's back enough for me. As they say, anything more than a handful is wasted.
 Inneresting. Verrrr Inneresting. I dare say she's flirting with me. I don't blame her. I'm slicker than the average, hotter than the mediocre, and somethinger than the something. It's possible that she only looked at me like that because of the big daddy DSLR around my neck, but I won't pay any attention to that.
 She is really quite exquisite, braids and all. Looking like a 19 year old Stella who has no need recovering her groove.
 Now get your hands out. Yes, hands out, because we're going to sing a song.

Clap for a nigga with his rapping ass
Blow a stack for your niggas with your trapping ass.
Tom Ford. 
Tom Ford. 
Tom Ford.

I probably shouldn't say nigga, but to me that song means spray the Feyboo because she's pretty darn fly. It's so mod! 


Mod. 


Mod. Mod. Mod. Mod. Mod. Mod. That's my buddy, Feyi Adesanya of the Modish method. I like taking pictures of her, because it's always such good fun. I'm like, Feyboo go stand there, like that, not like that, to the sun, to me, eyes to me, legs apart, wider, not that wide you're not a two dollar ho, no, not that close, you're not a red headed step child, just there, hold it, hold it I say, look away, away I say, yes, that's it, that's it, and we've got it. Go away. 


I had a good time. Yes, this is what a good time looks like.

Happy Days,
Afam

1 comment:

Feyi Adesanya said...

OMG This is so hilarious! I love you! :D

About Us

Recent

Random