Podcast: Submarine and a Roach - Episode 1


There's a new podcast on the scene. For those of you who don't know what a podcast is, I can tell you that they come in different shapes and sizes. They're essentially a radio talk show that you listen to on the internet. In this podcast, the self titled modern day revolutionaries, Submarine and A Roach seek to advance the culture one episode at a time.

It is hosted by two guys, Tmt and Kojo. It is unclear which one of them is the submarine and which one is the roach. I suppose this will make itself clear as they progress. It's made for Nigerians by Nigerians, but its got an international bent that I've come to appreciate in Nigerian content. I cannot tell you how refreshing it is to hear Nigerian on air personalities who present their material with almost complete honesty. There are no fake accents here.

Submarine and A Roach is often funny, and occasionally profound. I've been following Tmt on twitter for years. There aren't many people that I really follow on twitter. I do not read his tweets in ones and twos. I read them by their hundred. Liking, retweeting and chuckling with reckless abandon.

Their first episode is called "It's Good Ex-ercise" and it's about the outlandish ways to get your ex back.

A quick warning, it isn't safe for work. Don't listen to it without your headphones, they do not filter.

Here's the first episode. Tell me what you think about it, or better yet, tell them what you think about it. I'm on twitter, @Afam20, and they're on twitter @Subma_Roach. Subscribe on Soundcloud or Itunes, because you really don't want to miss a thing. They're hosted by the Culture Custodian. They too advance the culture one bit of content at a time.



Happy days,
Afam

No comments:

About Us

Recent

Random