What Temi (Temi Dollface) did next... Keeper of the Sun

So I was walking about in my garden this morning

Yes, that is me. And yes, I dress like this when I'm in my garden, because it is my garden. 
Now you can see me properly. I'm wearing my Afam Strawhat. The more discerning of you will have realised that I've changed my name on twitter from Afambewbew to Afam Strawhat. That's who I am now. I'm the straw hat wearing fisherman of the city that doesn't have a fishing rod. Attend me. Where was I? The shades are Cartier's, the necklace thingy is nameless, but it's flawless. I got it from the crafts market near where I live. The shorts are Muay Thai shorts, and the trainers are from the Yohji Yamamoto collaboration with adidas. They're Y-3's.     
ehem...

Yes...

I was walking about in the garden feeling myself

If you didn't know how to feel yourself, learn your lesson. This is how you do it. I can't explain it. You either get it or you don't. You get it? You gerrit? I can get it? I know. 
When the Universe struck me with news.

I was like NO! I'm not ready. HEEEEEEEEEEEH!!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! Stop it. Stop it. Stop it. Slow down.  
But the Universe waits for no man. Shehe (because the universe is both he and a she) said to me, "Afam, Temi Dollface just dropped a new song."

I removed my hat from my head, clutched it to my chest and screamed the scream of a crazed fanatic. Errr Maaa Gerrrrd I wasn't ready! She told me she'd been working on something a few weeks ago, but I was still unprepared. I hadn't even heard the song at that point, but I was freaking out.
ERRR MAAAAR GEEEEEEEEEERRRRD AFAM

I clutched my balls to steady myself. But even that wasn't enough to calm me da fuq down.
OH MAAAAAAAAAEEEEER DAAAAAAAAYS AFAM
And then the excitement escaped from me. I couldn't contain myself.

I said "REGGIE", "CAPTAIN REGINALD ODI!!!!", "TEMI DOLLFACE JUST RELEASED A NEW SONG!!" "YEAH! SHE JUST RELEASED A NEW SONG NOW!!" "LIKE NOW!"
I'M GONNA TELL ERRBADDDY AFAM

That's captain Reginald and I. There I'm wearing my Slazenger swimming shorts from my University of Manchester swimming society days. 
....
Captain Reginald didn't say anything back because he was sleeping and farting somewhere. It was at that time that the Universe took the initiative to download the song, its video and the behind the scenes documentary of the video which shows how she and IBK Spaceship Boi wrote the song into my head.

While the download was happening, the sky went dark and everything turned blue. This is what happens when the universe is doing magic. It was quite painful. It was like taking a dump while being severely constipated but in your head. Yes. It was like taking a constipated head shit.
TAKING A HEAD SHIT AFAM 


When the magics released me, I sprang up like a champagne cork. "THANK YOU UNIVERSE FOR BLESSING ME TODAY!!"  I yelled. I also waved goodbye to the universe because you can't keep the universe about you at all times. Heshe can be quite wicked. Heshe isn't a good friend to have. 
And then from that position I,


I jumped up and got my eagle on. That is to say that I spread my wings... My legs are spread aren't they? I yelled in ecstasy for the song is brilliant. this is how I feel when the people I like do good work. It's light and it shows Temi's voice to great effect. Its production is minimal. Most of the time she's accompanied by a piano, and even when the drums, claps and maracas come in she isn't over shadowed. It's certainly more intimate than her last offering, Pata Pata. The harmonies she does with IBK Spaceshipboi are tight. They've got such great chemistry. I don't believe that we've heard all she's got to offer. She belts, she squeal, she's husky and then she's full. I for one look forward to her album. And let's not forget IBK Spaceshipboi. His falsetto is incredibly successful in this track, and those who watch the behind the scenes video will marvel at his talent. They both make it look so easy.  And as if all of that were not enough, the song has got a great message. It's got my stamp of approval.  Give it a listen will you?


Happy Days,
Afam


No comments:

About Us

Recent

Random